Drivers License & ID Cards
Military! Click the above icon to get specific information pertaining to members of the Armed Forces.
April is “Donate Life Month” Below are several ways you can become an organ donor.
How to register as an organ donor.
Florida offers four simple ways to register as an organ, tissue or eye donor.
- On Donate Life Florida’s website at www.DonateLifeFlorida.org.
- When renewing your driver license online at www.GoRenew.com.
- When obtaining a new or renewed driver license in an office.
- By calling Donate Life Florida at 1-877-35-SHARE (1-877-357-4273)
Driving tests are performed centrally at our Niceville location, they are administered by appointment only. To schedule an appointment click here or you can call our Customer Service Center at (850) 651-7300
Drivers Handbooks online
- Florida Driver’s Handbook | Español
- Florida CDL Handbook | Español
- Florida Motorcycle Handbook | Español
THE NEW DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
For office visits, you must bring specific forms of proof for identification, Social Security number, and residential address. The checklists here list some valid documents. For more document options, visit www.GatherGoGet.com.
- Certified US birth certificate(Not Hospital Birth Certificate)
- Valid US passport
- Certificate of naturalization
- Consular proof of birth abroad
- Alien registration receipt card (green card, Form 1-551)
Name Change: (if applicable) (Marriage constitutes name change)
Original or certified copy of all marriage certificates or court orders that show your name change(s) (Uncertified photocopies are not valid.)
2. Social Security Number
- Social Security card * W-2 form (Showing full Social Security Number)
- Pay check showing number (Showing full Social Security Number)
- Any 1099 form(Cannot be handwritten)
3. Residential Address (not post office box)
- Deed, mortgage, payment booklet, or rental agreement
- Florida vehicle registration or title
- Utility bill or hookup/work order
- Statement from person you live with along with two address documents in that person’s name
Area motorists can renew their car tag and their driver’s license at the same time. All branch locations, except the Eglin branch, offer the convenience of the combined DMV services. Staff members are cross trained to perform all the functions of the office for more personal customer service.
The Crestview and Ft. Walton Beach branches offer full service driver license services while the Destin and Niceville branch offers limited driver license services. The services provided include issuance of original, renewal and replacement driver license and identification cards. Also provided are driver license reinstatement procedures, as well as written and driving exams. (no HAZMAT written exam or HAZMAT fingerprint services done in Destin and Niceville). No location offers CDL skills exam. There are currently no driver license services offered at the Eglin branch office.
Driver license services are available during regular business hours however; these services have a cut-off one hour prior to closing while testing ends at 3:30pm. Please visit our website, www.OkaloosaTax.com for hours of operation for driver license services.
For more information about fees please click for the following schedule. http://www.flhsmv.gov/DHSMVFees.htm
The Okaloosa County Tax Collector’s Office offers several methods to make paying drivers license transactions easier and more convenient. Customers can pay in person using a debit/credit card issued by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. A bank card fee is applicable for debit/credit card payments per FL Statute 215.322. Payment by check or with cash is also accepted.
- Credit card payments may be treated as a “cash advance” by the credit card company and may incur interest charges from the date of the transaction.
- If writing a check, make it payable in U.S. funds to the Okaloosa County Tax Collector.