All persons owning or operating a Home-Based Occupation in the unincorporated areas of Okaloosa County must be aware of the requirements, below, and their failure to abide by such requirements may result in revocation of the business tax receipt/home occupation license:
1. No more than two (2) persons who do not reside at the residence for which this application is submitted may work at this residential address. The business may have additional remote employees that do not work at the residential dwelling.
2. Any parking spaces needed by the conduct of such home occupation shall be improved, and the need for parking generated by the business may not be greater in volume than would normally be expected at a similar residence where no business is conducted. Vehicles and trailers used in connection with the business must be parked in legal parking spaces that are not located within the right-of-way, on or over a sidewalk, or on any unimproved surfaces at the residence. Commercial, industrial, or agricultural vehicles, equipment, or machinery must be kept behind an opaque fence or fully enclosed building.
3. There shall be no change in the outside appearance of the building or premises, or other visible evidence of the conduct of such home occupation, including outside storage or accessory buildings, other than one sign, not exceeding two square feet in area, non-illuminated, and mounted flat against the wall of the principal building. Outside storage or accessory structures may be used for incidental uses associated with the business; however, no retail transactions shall occur at a structure other than the residential dwelling.
4. The activities of the home-based business must be secondary to the property’s use as a residential dwelling.
5. No equipment or process shall be used in the home occupation which creates noise, vibration, glare, fumes, or odors detectable to the normal senses off the premises of the dwelling unit, and no equipment or process shall be used which creates visual and/or audible interference in any radio or television receiver, or causes fluctuations in the line voltage off the premises of the dwelling unit.
6. All business activities comply with any relevant local, state, and federal regulations with respect to the use, storage, or disposal of any corrosive, combustible, or other hazardous or flammable materials or liquids.
7. That, if the property is rented or leased, permission has been obtained from the owner of the property to utilize the said premises for the home occupation.