Drivers License & ID Cards
Military! Click the above icon to get specific information pertaining to members of the Armed Forces.
April is “Donate Life Month” Below are several ways you can become an organ donor.
How to register as an organ donor.
Florida offers four simple ways to register as an organ, tissue or eye donor.
- On Donate Life Florida’s website at www.DonateLifeFlorida.org.
- When renewing your driver license online at www.GoRenew.com.
- When obtaining a new or renewed driver license in an office.
- By calling Donate Life Florida at 1-877-35-SHARE (1-877-357-4273)
Driving tests are performed centrally at our Niceville location, they are administered by appointment only. To schedule an appointment click here or you can call our Customer Service Center at (850) 651-7300
Drivers Handbooks online
- Florida Driver’s Handbook | Español
- Florida CDL Handbook | Español
- Florida Motorcycle Handbook | Español
THE NEW DOCUMENT REQUIREMENTS
For office visits, you must bring specific forms of proof for identification, Social Security number, and residential address. The checklists here list some valid documents. For more document options, visit www.GatherGoGet.com.
- Certified US birth certificate(Not Hospital Birth Certificate)
- Valid US passport
- Certificate of naturalization
- Consular proof of birth abroad
- Alien registration receipt card (green card, Form 1-551)
Name Change: (if applicable) (Marriage constitutes name change)
Original or certified copy of all marriage certificates or court orders that show your name change(s) (Uncertified photocopies are not valid.)
2. Social Security Number
- Social Security card * W-2 form (Showing full Social Security Number)
- Pay check showing number (Showing full Social Security Number)
- Any 1099 form(Cannot be handwritten)
3. Residential Address (not post office box)
- Deed, mortgage, payment booklet, or rental agreement
- Florida vehicle registration or title
- Utility bill or hookup/work order
- Statement from person you live with along with two address documents in that person’s name
All of the Tax Collector offices offer Driver License Services such as issuance of original, renewal and replacement driver license as well identification cards, knowledge exams, driving tests and reinstatements; however, some locations have limited services.
We offer Hazmat Fingerprinting at our Niceville and Fort Walton Beach locations. Driving Tests are only offered at our Niceville location, by appointment only.
Driving Test Appointments can be made online at OkaloosaTax.com. If you have questions or your particular service is not listed, please contact our Customer Service & Processing Center at 850.651.7300.Fees
For more information about fees please click for the following schedule. http://www.flhsmv.gov/DHSMVFees.htm
The Okaloosa County Tax Collector’s Office offers several methods to make paying drivers license transactions easier and more convenient. Customers can pay in person using a debit/credit card issued by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. A bank card fee is applicable for debit/credit card payments per FL Statute 215.322. Payment by check or cash is also accepted.
- Credit card payments may be treated as a “cash advance” by the credit card company and may incur interest charges from the date of the transaction.
- If writing a check, make it payable in U.S. funds to the Okaloosa County Tax Collector.
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us to either 1. use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or 2. process the payment as a check transaction.